I love using habit trackers. I seriously think they are the best thing next to sliced bread. I know dorky, but seriously, when I’m tracking my habits I am successful. When I’m not tracking them, I fail miserably.
I’ve discovered that accomplishing my goals is directly tied to setting daily habits that will help me achieve my goals.
Here is the deal, when you are tracking your daily habits you are constantly aware of what you need to be working towards. Habit trackers serve as nice little reminders that will help you stay on track.
If you have struggled with goal setting in the past, I highly recommend finding some habits to track. Start out small and then as you become confident in your ability to make positive habits (or break negative ones) then start expanding. You’ll quickly find you can accomplish anything you set your mind too.
Habit Tracker Ideas
Habit Tracking Ideas: Personal Development
- Limited social media time
- I’ve been focusing on limiting my Facebook and Twitter times to specific times of the days and doing less than 30 minutes a day.
- Decluttering challenges
- I’m currently challenging myself to spend 15 minutes a day on decluttering. I choose one room each day and spend 15 minutes decluttering – it is life-changing
- Productivity related challenges
- This can include tracking habits like email usage, answering voicemails and other business-related tasks
- Working on a hobby
- Learning a new skill
- I bet you could learn a lot just by spending 15-30 minutes a day learning a new language or something similar
- Journal writing/Gratitude Journal
- Practice an existing skill
- I used to be a semi-decent pianist, but I can hardly play anymore because I never remember to practice.
- Personal time
- I’ve found that I need to give myself 15-20 minutes of me time each day to stay sane.
- Scripture/devotional/daily meditation
- Personal development time/Education time
- Created and worked on daily to do list
- No using cell phone while with other people
- Tracking sleeping habits
- Did you go to bed on time? Sleep in? Get more than 7 hours of sleep?
- TV usage
- No electronic right before bed
- Compliment someone
- Healthy eating
- I do this in conjunction with my meal planning since I’m trying to focus on cooking at home more.
- Daily Calorie counts
- Water consumption
- No sugar days
- Most people have a specific item they are trying to avoid like soda, coffee, energy drinks, chocolate, alcohol, junk food.
- Exercise goals
- Daily stretching
- Strength Training
- Daily medication charts
- Eat Fruits & Vegetables
- Daily Vitamins
- Daily Step goals
- I’m seriously addicted to my Fitbit
- No Smoking
Habit Tracking Ideas: Personal Finance Goals
- Paying bills
- Sorting mail
- Packing a lunch for work
- No spending days – I love no spending challenges
- Days you track your spending
- Days you add money to your Digit Saving Account (my favorite program ever)
Habit Tracking Ideas: Parenting
- Chores for kids
- Homework for kids
- Pooping schedule for baby’s and toddlers
- Sleeping schedule
- Breast feeding
- Did the kids’ shower
- Sugar consumption
- Potty training schedules
- Healthy eating – I try and track the days my toddler ate fruits and vegetables
- Reading schedule
- Educational play with kids
Habit Tracking Ideas: Miscellaneous
- Do something nice for your spouse or kids
- Do a good deed each day
- Take care of pets
- Water plants
- Period Tracking
- Flossing teeth (I’m horrible at this one)
- Clean contacts
- Tracking cleaning schedules (vacuuming, mopping, Laundry)
- Most of these are more of a weekly or monthly task to track.
There are literally thousands of things that you can track when you are trying to create positive daily habits. I can guarantee, this list is just the tip of the iceberg.
Download my habit tracking forms, or create your own and start tracking your daily habits. I know it sounds dorky, but seriously tracking my habits has changed my world.
I get so much more done when I’m actively tracking the little things in my life that matter and that I’m trying to improve on. Use this habit tracking list of ideas to jump-start your brainstorming session. I promise you won’t regret it!
Join the Intentional Living Revolution
I love to help my readers transform their lives.
Join for weekly updates on Personal Finance, Parenting & The Fun Things in Life.